The Best Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly butter or oil the muffin cups.
- Cream butter with sugar in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add in eggs consecutively while beating the mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Add in half of the flour and half of the milk and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add the blueberries.
- Equally divide the batter into the muffin cups (I use an ice cream scooper), then sprinkle the topping mixture on top of every muffin.
- Bake in the oven for at least 15-20 minutes or until done.