Creamy Bourbon Dijon Chicken
- 3 chicken breast, quartered and pounded thin (time to get your aggression out)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 table Dijon
- 6 slices Muenster cheese, or Swiss cheese
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders, along with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper the chicken separately
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess flour after taking out
- Spread some olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken in batches until browned on each side.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish. Use the Foil or Glad freezer dishes.
- Heat frying pan and add melting butter, garlic, onion and thyme. Add mushrooms and brown.
- Add the whisky, and cook until reduced by about half (please exercise caution when using alcohol for cooking purposes).
- Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute, whisk in milk, Dijon, salt and pepper, and simmer until thick.
- Once thick pour cream sauce over chicken and top with cheese, cool to room temp, cover and freeze. Thaw and reheat for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.