Chili with Chicken and Hominy
Hominy beans join great Northern beans in a white chili with chicken recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings, Total time 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 15 ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9 ounce package frozen cooked chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese, Monterey Jack, or cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- White corn tortilla chips
- Bottled green salsa (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in hominy, beans, chicken broth, frozen chicken, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and pepper. Cover and bring to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Divide into 4 microwave-safe containers. Cover and chill overnight.
From the Test Kitchen
Pack chili, cheese, corn chips and salsa separately in an insulated container with ice packs. To serve, cover chili with vented plastic wrap and heat on 100% power (High) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until hot. Top with cheese, chips, and salsa.
Powered by MailChimp