My Spanish Chicken
Welcome to My Things 2 Do. Today I made My Spanish Rice.
Tiffany and I both love eating several different things and Spanish rice is one of those things. When looking at recipes for this dish nearly all of them contained sweet peas. No matter how I try to hide them or barely put any in a recipe, Tiffany always picks those out. She just doesn’t like sweet peas.
So to solve this problem I substituted black eye-peas for the sweet peas and she loved it.
To watch my video on making this dish click Here
My Spanish Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless Chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 can Whole Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 10 ounce can Black Eye-Peas
- 1 cup uncooked Long Grain Rice
- In a large deep pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, celery, and bay leaf. Cook 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Add water, tomatoes, crushing them as you add them, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add rice, stir until completely coated in sauce. Reduce heat to low – med low, cover, and simmer 25-30 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add black eye-peas, cook for 3-5 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy..
Today my thing 2 do was make My Spanish Rice. Make it your thing 2 do too.
To watch youtube video click Here